WPI's Game Development Club is hosting a GameJam in affiliation with 38 Studios. Teams of 2 to 3 students will attempt to create a video game over three days featuring the 38 Studios mascot, and his alter ego Mean Munch. You could win prizes like cold hard cash.
Any college students, including from schools other than WPI, who would like to submit a game to the MGC.
All participants who are not WPI students can be provded local computer access including access to software and an internet connection.
IMGD Lab (Room 222) in Fuller Laboratories
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609
WPI directions and maps are available.
Here's a list of previous jams.
|Global Game Jam||January 29 - 31, 2010||
|7 Deadly Sins Jam||
April 16 - 18, 2010
The Hotels Combined Web site has student/teacher rebates scheme, which may be helpful. See their Worcester page for local choices.
- February 6th from 6pm to Midnight
- February 7th from Noon to Midnight
- February 8th from Noon to 6pm
- Free food will be provided at various times throughout the weekend.
- You'll be able to network with your fellow peers.
- You'll be able to meet game artists and developers from 38 Studios that actually work in the field.
38 Studios is giving out prizes for the top games. This contest ends on March 2nd and entrants may continue work on their game after the GDC GameJam ends. Find more information, including Rules, Submission Forms, and FAQs at the official 38 Studios MGC website.
First: $1,500.00 per team member
Second: $1,000.00 per team member
Third: $500 per team member